Thursday, December 26, 2013

Getting Ready

My number one concern about running in winter is the weather. I am a cold natured person to start with so I like being prepared and comfortable. While browsing Pinterest I found this great infographic by SparkPeople on how to layer up properly for running. It showed me that even though it feels chilly out, all I need for a 45 degree winter day is a base layer long sleeve shirt, a pullover or sweatshirt and running pants. No need to bundle up like a snow bunny when you are about to expend energy and heat things up!



 Image by SparkPeople
I took my new-found knowledge on running apparel to the Marshalls in Martinsville where I found a pair of black Marika pants, a heather grey Marika Tek base layer shirt and a coral Avia Quarter Zip pullover. My favorite feature about the pull-over is the thumb holes which keeps my hands cozy and warm inside the sleeves without the bulk of gloves.

Do you need to run out and get a new wardrobe for running? No, but this shopping trip was sort of a kick-off party for the major commitment that I had just made.
#OutfittedAndFeelingFabulous

Good to Know: When you register for the training program you'll receive a long-sleeve shirt to add to your collection of running apparel!

New here? Be sure to check out my first post for the full story.

2 comments:

  1. I'm a local MHC runner too! Katie Croft pointed me to your blog. I've done the MHC Half twice now, and I plan on running it again this spring as I prep for my first full marathon in May. I still remember when I had trouble believing I could run 13.1 miles, and now I'm training for 26.2! Good luck with your training! I wanted to let you know that Runner's World has an awesome little "app" on their website called "What to Wear". It lets you input all the variables about the weather, your workout, and your preference, and then it spits out a detailed explanation of what you should wear for that particular workout. It's never failed me, and it is great for summer or winter running! Check it out here - http://www.runnersworld.com/what-to-wear Happy training!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for reading, Liz. I checked out the app and it's very helpful. Keep sending any tips that you want to share. I appreciate it and am sure that other runners will too. :-)

      Delete