Monday, March 17, 2014

One Week Countdown

So I've been very negligent in my blogging lately but it doesn't mean that I haven't been busy training. With a total of 158 miles behind me, I've continued to run at least twice a week (in between weekly snow storms) and am feeling pretty good.

The truth is that first and foremost I'm a mommy, so when I have the choice of sitting in the yard blowing bubbles with my adorable five-year-old or blogging about my past week of running...well you know who's going to win there.

Rather than full write-ups, here's a quick recap so you don't feel left out...

In the past few weeks I ran through firm crunchy snow alongside bunny and deer tracks. Very cool!

I ran through slushy snow that soaked my feet and then discovered the wonderful benefits of epsom salts and Body Glide.

I realized that you can learn a lot about a person in 12 miles.

I busted my neoprene phone holder arm band. Then I found a new waist pouch for my phone with GU holders at Marshalls on clearance. Score!

I discovered the simple joys of ending my route at the Daily Grind for a smoothie (must remember to keep running past there on race day).

I had the opportunity to run with mentors that I am proud to call friends.

I ran with my husband for the first time...I think he's getting the fitness bug. :-)

I ran solo with just my thoughts and I've decided... I CAN DO THIS!

We're only five days away from the Martinsville Half-Marathon, 5K & Relay. Have I worked hard for it? Very. Am I ready? Yes! Am I nervous? A little. Does it help my nerves that the news of the day was a girl keeling over as she crossed the finish line in Virginia Beach? No, that was absolutely not what I needed to read today. Despite that odd and disturbing news... I CAN DO THIS and YOU CAN TOO.

Let's believe, achieve and run! Who's in? Hint: This is the time for participation. Are you running alone or in a team? Walking? Volunteering? Coming to cheer someone on? Tell me about it in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment