Sunday, January 12, 2014

Pushing Forward

This afternoon I went running with Sharon. She took me to one of her regular routes and provided lots of great encouragement along the way. Thanks to her motivation, I was able to meet my next goal of running 2.5 miles and also set a new pace record of 10:04 per mile! While I lagged behind twice, I did run the entire distance (#ProudMoment). Sharon never gave up on me and kept cheering me on.

One moment that sticks out in my head about today's run is towards the end of when we topped a blind hill and I could suddenly see my car (a.k.a. the finish line). I experienced a quick boost of energy and even though I was spent I just started running faster going towards the car. That moment reminded me that even when you think you are tired there's always a little more to give. Push yourself to the next goal.

I'm looking forward to beginning the half-marathon training program on Tuesday. Until then, I'll get in another short run tomorrow to continue building endurance. My goal Monday is to run 1.5 miles during my lunch break, increasing my weekday distance by a quarter-mile. Lunch break runs are not a matter of endurance but time. If anyone has life hacks or tips on how to quickly get cleaned up and ready for work, I'd love to hear them.

Keep on running!

No comments:

Post a Comment