Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Life Hacks for Runners

Since today is a rest day, I wanted to share a new (to me) discovery. After my first two runs, I got very frustrated with the cords to my ear-buds flopping around. I've seen several products in stores and on TV before that are designed to solve this particular problem but I hate buying gimmicky products that are really good for only one purpose.


I realized while getting ready to run recently that I could take advantage of the thumb-holes in my running shirts that I love so much. Don't know about thumb-holes? You can read about them here. (Side note: since purchasing the first Avia pullover at Marshalls, I loved it so much that I've bought a second one in blue.)

I've always seen runners wearing iPod/iPhone arm bands on their upper arms and just went along thinking that's the best/only way to wear them. By wearing the arm band around my wrist, I can thread the ear-bud cords down in between my two shirt layers and run the plug end of the cord through the thumb-hole in my pull-over.

Now I'm not claiming to have invented this. I'm sure many of you veteran runners might read this and say "Well, duh!" I did want to share this small discovery regardless because it might help other newbie runners like myself. No one wants to deal with the annoyance of cords wiggling all over!

So here's your chance to teach me (and other newbie runners reading this blog); what is your favorite life hack for running?

No comments:

Post a Comment